Want to get paid to build your skill set and advance economic freedom? Apply today for the Koch Internship Program!
The fall 2013 program will run from September 9 to December 6. Apply here.
Candidates are expected to have a strong desire to develop professionally, an understanding of free-market principles, and a commitment to limited government and individual liberties. The Charles Koch Institute prefers candidates who are current students or have less than two years of work experience since their most recent degree. Find out more about strong candidates here.
ONLINE APPLICATION DETAILS
The online application for admission consists of several parts, including your work history, resume, and answers to several questions regarding your view of government. You must submit the following items through our online application for admission. You should also be prepared to identify what types of jobs you are interested in.
- A resume.
- The names and contact information of three references, along with their relationship to you. Letters of recommendation or reference are not required.
- How does participating in the Koch Internship Program relate to your career interests? [100 word limit]
- What do you hope to gain by participating in the program’s professional education sessions? [100 word limit]
- What do you see as the ideal role of government? [50 word limit]
- Describe a specific example (current or historical) of an economic policy that aligns with your view of the ideal role of government. [100 word limit]
- List people or books that have influenced your philosophical or ideological thinking about the role of government. For each, write a sentence explaining how each has influenced you. We require three people or books for the summer application and five people or books for the spring application.
- Drawing on your academic and work-related experiences, describe a difficult work or academic project that you recently completed. Please include what made the project difficult and how it turned out. [150 words]
Successful candidates will move through several phone interviews and then be connected with partner organizations. Click here to find out more about the application for admission process.
Have any questions? Contact Alex Zaczkiewicz.
Please view our non-discriminatory policy here.