Staff Referral Rules for Employees of Charles Koch Foundation, Charles Koch Institute, and Stand Together
How to refer?
Submit a referral for staff roles by filling out this form.
Who can refer?
Everyone who is a Charles Koch Foundation, Charles Koch Institute, or Stand Together employee may refer!
Educational Program Referrals: Frequently Asked Questions
How to refer?
The best way to refer is by submitting a referral by filling out this form.
Who may refer?
Who is eligible for a referral reward?
CKI Educational Program alumni and other individuals invited by CKI to participate in the referral reward program.
How much is the referral reward?
$500 for KAP and L@W® and $200 for KIP and KFP.
When do I receive my referral reward?
If eligible, you will receive a referral reward approximately 2-4 weeks after the start of the program for which you successfully referred a candidate.
Please review the complete CKI Educational Programs Referral Reward Rules below.
Educational Program Referral Reward Rules (“Program”)
- Purpose. The purpose of the Program is to support Charles Koch Institute’s (“CKI”) mission as a 501(c)(3) educational organization, by finding the best possible individuals for CKI’s educational programs.
- Qualified Referrers.
a. Individuals Eligible to be Qualified Referrers. A “Qualified Referrer” is an individual who is eligible to make referrals and receive referral rewards through the Program. The following individuals Qualified Referrers:
i. CKI Alumni. CKI alumni (“Alumnus(i)”) are Qualified Referrers unless they are otherwise ineligible as stated in Section 2(b). Alumni include individuals who have participated in CKI’s current educational programs and the predecessors and successors of those programs (e.g., KAP, L@W®, KIP, KFP) (collectively, the “Educational Programs”).
ii. Non-CKI Alumni Approved by CKI. CKI has the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to approve or disqualify any individual or group of individuals (e.g., all of the employees of another 501(c)(3) organization) as Qualified Referrers.
b. Individuals Ineligible to be Qualified Referrers. The following individuals are ineligible to be Qualified Referrers:
i. CKI, Charles Koch Foundation, or Stand Together Employees. Any individual who is an employee of CKI, Charles Koch Foundation, or Stand Together at the time of the referral is not a Qualified Referrer.
ii. Koch Industries, Inc. and Affiliated Organization Employees. Any individual who is an employee of Koch Industries, Inc. or any of its affiliates at the time of the referral not a Qualified Referrer.
iii. Other Individuals. CKI has the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any individual as a Qualified Referrer to comply with the law, for administrative purposes, or for any other reason.
- Qualified Candidates. Qualified Referrers will receive a reward only for referring a “Qualified Candidate.” A Qualified Candidate is an individual who is admitted to and participates in KAP, L@W, KIP, or KFP; and (a) has never participated in an Educational Program; (b) has never previously applied for an Educational Program; and (c) has never been previously employed by an Organization.
- Referral Process and Rewards. CKI will provide a referral reward to a Qualified Referrer for referring a Qualified Candidate as follows:
a. Referral Process. To receive a referral reward a Qualified Referrer must refer a Qualified Candidate by: (i) being listed as the most influential referral source on the Qualified Candidate’s application; or (ii) completing this form at least six months before but no more than three days after the Qualified Candidate’s application is submitted.
b. Referral Reward.
i. One Qualified Referrer. If there is one Qualified Referrer for a Qualified Candidate, CKI will provide Qualified Referrers with referral reward of $500.00 for each Qualified Candidate referred to KAP or L@W, and $200.00 for each Qualified Candidate referred to KIP or KFP.
ii. More than One Qualified Referrer. CKI will provide a referral reward to no more than two Qualified Referrers for each Qualified Candidate. This means the maximum referral reward for a Qualified Candidate referred to KAP or L@W is $1,000.00, and is $400.00 for KIP or KFP. If there is more than one Qualified Referrer, CKI will provide referral rewards in the following order of priority.
1. The first Qualified Referrer to submit a referral for the Qualified Candidate before the Qualified Candidate submits an application.
2. The second Qualified Referrer to submit a referral for the Qualified Candidate before the Qualified Candidate submits an application.
3. The individual listed as the most influential referral source on the Qualified Candidate’s application.
4. The first Qualified Referrer to submit a referral for the Qualified Candidate after the Qualified Candidate submits an application.
5. If there is no individual listed as the most influential referral source on the Qualified Candidate’s application, the second Qualified Referrer to submit a referral for the Qualified Candidate after the Qualified Candidate submits an application.
- Taxes. Qualified Referrers must complete IRS Form W-9 and may be required to complete other necessary forms in order to be paid a referral reward. It is the sole responsibility of the Qualified Referrer to pay all federal, state, and local taxes in connection with any referral reward.
- Miscellaneous. Qualified Referrers agree that the decisions of CKI related to this Program are final and binding. CKI has the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to suspend, cancel, terminate, or modify the Program without advance not
Updated November 1, 2016